Friday, April 21, 2017

Young and Wild

My heart is as pure as
A drop of ice from the heavens
My eyes are as watchful as
That of a mother-eagle in focus

I am young and wild,
So I'll have nothing to lose,
Because all I have is hope
Buried in me like gold

All I must do is grow,
From this girl to that woman
To be the epitome of love,
Indispensable to have

Wisdom is the treasure I seek,
From the calabash I drink
Painting my thoughts in grey,
Revealing the reasons for I pray

My thoughts are my lenses within,
So I pray to exude them in beams
Beauty in nature is an inspiration
To the given and to the learned

@dzidefodepoet
Amu K. Simon
©2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...