Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Street Credibility


I dispute those who despise the street youth
Because I believe we hold the key to our root

None of us chose to be less privileged,
The society and our leadership is to blame

The scorn and the mobs, I am not sure how long we can bear
Though I have seen many rise to the top every year

And that's what we call street credibility
It's the highest form of inspiration available to the youth

To see brothers reaching their dreams after the struggle
Means everything to the youths in the gethos

That's what gives many of us the courage
To keep fighting for survival in this core age

On the street, until you become a stand out,
You are never going to be given the credible stout

The challenge you face everyday should make you stronger
Because being strong is all you need to keep longer

Street credibility is what many of us are fighting for
So my brother and my sister, go get what you are looking for

Let's put a stop to crime and bury the hatchets
Because together we fall and together we rise

We must defend the street with our very last breath
That's where we live, it's the only home of our own

Let's send the message out, to the uptown
About the challenge we are facing downtown

This is the only way we can claim what we've lost
Our credibility; our right to rise above mediocrity

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...