Monday, March 20, 2017

MESSAGE TO THE YOUTHS



Like a lifeless log on the river
Don't be carried in every direction
Re-shift your gears; be a dreamer
And make meaning of every session

Make decisions you can always stand by
Because you are responsible for your fights
The time is always right but never late
So there is hope for all, even those who wait

Don't let anyone tell you it's impossible
Because every achievement is plausible
You are beyond the reach of failure
So just relax in the achievers' area

In between two distant poles,
In a country far away than I know
Dangles the dreams of the young
Crushing and expiring to time's bond

But here I come again with the redemption song
Inspiring hope and urging all to be strong
For the journey may be rough and tough and long
But the race is for the victory long lost but now found

Take it to the land beyond the valley
That we have faith in our county alley
And that they can join us on the victory parade
So we match on and over every barricade

The time is right and it is now
For you and me to make a mean
Through the thick and the thin
And fulfill every good vow

Stand up for yourself in the dark
Keep your watch as the dogs bark
Be wise not to get knocked from the back
Nor to get broken without a mark

Fighting is not the case we trace
But what we fight for in the face
I mean the side for which we fight
Should be but our utmost concern

Concern, about what's right or wrong
About the brethren long gone
And about the hopes, apart torn
For victory is what for we are born

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...