Thursday, May 11, 2017

Free We...

I have a sea of desires.
To be great and to do great things
But I need a seed of passion
To ignite the flames in me
And burn my sea of desires

I have a mountain ahead to climb
To get to see further than beyond
But I need a hell lot of calories to burn
To keep the blood hot and boiling
When the climbing gets tougher

I dream of a stream to cross,
To reach the land I am destined to
But I need a guide to the quest
To keep my eyes on and my heads up
Even when revolutions come

Perseverance will be my key,
In my endeavor to elevate the street
I will try to use my head and my hand
To free myself and my fellows
From our mental servitudes

@dzidefodepoet
©2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...