Sunday, March 26, 2017

We Are Lost

We are lost in the blue...
Not in the blue of the sky above or of the ocean below
But we are lost in the blue of this age's miseries
Hoping and praying for the second coming of everything

Some time ago, my grandma will say,
These are not very good times to stray
You need the shield of the Messiah
And it's why you need a check on your desire

I have been searching since, for my lost self
Hoping to come by that very inscription
To interpret what my true identity is
But I am still the lost youth I have long learnt to be

I thought I needed the compass to traverse my space
But I have seen even the military leaving no trace
I tried to look into the oldest and newest dictionaries
Yet, here I am with my pills donated by mercenaries

Don't turn to media reports in search of your lost selves
You are like no other, stay true to your good selves
Do not survive on what makes you lose yourselves
But turn to the walls that separates you from your other selves

We are all buried in our own fears of being inadequate
But the truth is, what's in us is much bigger than we estimate
Let's be not too worried about what we lack
Because we have is more than what we have lost

We are taking a deeper look into ourselves
So we can unravel the hidden concepts
This age is not in favor of the less privileged
But we are not stopping until we break every odd

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...