Sunday, March 26, 2017

Street Life

What a life we live in this dungeon,
Where everything goes wrong all the time
It feels like a prison,
One I am not ready to live in
Many are those who give up the struggle
Especially when success is right in the corner

Street life is sour, sometimes it's bitter
With some spills and many litters
Of pains, of sorrows and of worries
And some hopes buried in the struggles

It is a tag of war
And you must be strong to survive in the core
You win only if you become the last man standing
After the battle against yourself

On the street, we bill for credibility
Even though we lack security
And we hope for the best
Even though we dwell in the worse

Street life is about making it happen
Against every odd
It's about becoming the role model
For those lost in the mega odel
It's about rising above yourself
Reaching far beyond the baseline
It's about refusing to accept the definition
That plagued those that have gone before

Street life makes you stronger
To overcome the bunker
That lays behind the walls
That separates the street from the home

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...