Monday, December 25, 2017

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW



YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Once upon a time, there lived a wise king in a rich kingdom. He had three wives and many children. His third wife was very bitter and jealous. She simply hated everyone; particularly, the second wife of the king. She hates her so much because she appealed more to the attention of the wise king. 'Maybe she's using magic on him.' She'd thought.

One day, the unimaginable happened; the king died after a short sickness. On his sickbed, he was mostly cared for by his second son. Before the king died, he told his son a secret about a hidden treasure. 'Don't tell anyone about this until you are in my position; not sure of the future. You've earned this right because of your loyalty to me as a son.' He said. The young man did kept the secret.

After the funeral rites, family meetings were held and kin-ship questions were asked. It emerged that the first son will become the king. The second son was the next in line to fill that position. That further hurt the bitter queen. 'So my son will be the next in line with these 'brats' out of the way. We shall soon see!' She acclaimed to herself.

Months after the funeral rites, the third wife finally had a grand scheme to have the king and his next brother killed. 'That way, my son will become king and I can then rule in disguise.' She thought.
There was an invitation extended to the king from another kingdom, far across the stream. He announced he would love to honor it but with his second brother. The bitter woman thought she has finally found a way to 'kill two birds with just a stone in a hand.' She quickly arranged for tugs to be ready to assassinate the king and his brother on their way. 

When things were set for the journey, something came up. The third, instead of the second son will make it with the king. The bitter woman never learnt about this turn of events early enough. His killers succeeded in ambushing the king and his second brother. Fortunately or unfortunately, only the king and his chief guard survived the ambush. Everyone else, was killed, including the third son.

The bad news got to the kingdom; overwhelmingly tragic. The pain and sorrow was unbearable. The bitter queen could not hold it any longer. She suddenly started confessing... 'Aaooouuuuuhhhh.... I am responsible for this abomination. I killed my own child. I am very sorry for doing this. It should've been Samson and the king. But oh no! I have killed my own son. Hmmmm...what have I just done?' 

Among the observing crowd was a very old woman. She stepped forward and said... 'We're sorry for you, bitter woman! Yes, we really are! But, you've just reaped what you sowed. Don't dig a trap-pit, you might fall in it...


MORAL LESSON
Life is like a mirror, it reflects back to you how you live it.
You reap what you sow.
If you dig a trap-pit, you shall fall in it.

@dzidefodepoet


Please leave a comment below. Tell us what you have learned from this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...