Wednesday, April 5, 2017

THE STREET BOY


You equate the street boy to a criminal
Because of whatever reason in your mind
But if you lie in his position for a minute,
You will realize he actually deserves a salute

Have you ever wondered how he feeds?
How he manages to make his odd ends meet?
Days upon days through months into years,
He's been strong, surviving and killing fears

He does all kinds of jobs you won't allow your children to do
He does them not because he enjoys doing them
But because he's got no other choice
That can keep him dreaming for the best

You call him names you do not understand
You make him your object of mockery
And you even despise him for your egos
Oh, I am sorry, but I am not the least surprised

Like a lawyer, I stand before the jury today
And accuse the rich of being helpless to the society
If I am allowed to proceed with my case,
Then I have the following to say on the street boy's behalf

He's not the rebel you should fear
He is the less fortunate begging for your grace
He's not the object you should mock
He is the brave soul you should emulate

He thrives on the hopes lost by many
But he never complains for his unfair share
I call to the stand, the public media
And accuse him of spewing too many lies

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...