Thursday, April 6, 2017

DO EVERYTHING TWICE BETTER THAN BEFORE TODAY

Before you tell me about my past,
Know that I have long left it behind
I have left it behind not to be forgotten
And not for it to be rotten
I have left it behind not because I'm scared
Or because it means nothing to me
But I have left it behind to rest
To belong where it belongs
I have left it behind to be past, gone
And so to not dictate my future

But before you tell me about the future,
Please know that no one has yet been a future(r)
Know that it's the only thing I've hope for
And trust me, it's what I'm never certain of
I am not certain not because it is so bleak
Or because I am myself lost in its core,
But I am uncertain to be certain
That whatever may, the best soon comes
Yes brethren, I am uncertain to be certain
That the future is very uncertain

So while you still have today,
Please live your life like the last it may,
Do everything twice better than before
Today is the best time to live your call
Today is the best day you can afford
Not because yesterday is become a past
Or because tomorrow may never come
But it's the best because it is
For real brother, yesterday is gone
And oh, tomorrow just may never come








Author Notes
Motivated and inspired by a gesture from a friend, Livingston. He demonstrated a believe in me and it feels real rewarding to know someone is listening. The piece started without title but ended up something I going to cherish for times to come if they indeed does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...