Saturday, December 30, 2017

POVERTY IS NOT A DISHONOR (a short story)



POVERTY IS NOT A DISHONOR
There are three good friends called Lazy, Folly and Extravagance respectively. They live on a beautiful land with natural endowments like fertile soil and forest, minerals and intellectual ideas. But because of their own conditioning, they do not seem happy with their current state of affairs. These three modest friends who invariably considered themselves as poor people, once engaged in a long debate about 'poverty'. They all disagreed on the subject as each one of them hold a separate belief about what exactly poverty means. 
Many people believe, that the thin line of distinction between poor people and rich people is decision and action. One of them believes, 'not all fingers are equal, so not all men can be sa me in terms of wealth possession. So it's okay to be poor'. He concludes. His name is Lazy. Another believes that, 'success comes to those who are patient enough to wait for the right turn of events. So thus, it's okay to not be wealthy at the moment because time will surely tell'. His name is Folly. The last one believes that 'when money comes, it must be spent to make way for even more to be made daily. So it's not a bad thing to spend what you have while you still can'. He is called Extravagance.
As the argument continued, another friend of theirs, showed up. He is called Poverty! After hearing the basis of their locked argument, he said... 'I don't think it's wrong to not be fortunate enough to have what others have sometimes. What I however do understand is that, so many factors are responsible for why some people are poor while others are rich. But then, if you don't mind, I have a friend called Affluence, I bet his answer will blow your mind if we go to see him'. They agreed to his smart suggestion and went all the way to see Affluence who lives in the Silicon Hills.
At Silicon Hills, they were marveled at the sight of the site they visiting. They were looking in reality, what they have been dreaming of, all their lives. When they finally met Affluence, he introduced himself to them... 'My name is Affluence, but many people call me Riches. I am practically, the dramatic desire of most people alive and dead. Yes, I am probably the most chased entity in the history of men. You are welcome to my humble abode. Please what can I offer you? After the treat, the four visitors were convinced their questions will really be answered. But to their surprise, Affluence also referred them to Wisdom, Harkwork and Commitment who finally answered their question.
According to Affluence, 'being rich or poor can only stem from one’s own actions and inactions. But I believe Wisdom, Hardwork and Commitment have the right answer you seek my brothers'. Luckily enough, those three fellows also live in the Silicon Hills, right where Affluence lives. The three grey heads has it all to say in three simple lines.
Wisdom says, ‘You need divine intelligence to create and manage wealth. Absence of it invites poverty’.
Hardwork says, ‘You need to act your arts so as to materialize your plans. Absence of it invites poverty’.
Commitment says, ‘You need to be there for your dreams; for them to become realities.  Absence of it invites poverty’.
Before Commitment says his last word, Affluence cuts in... 'Yes, these are what I call the laws of success. They worked for me over the years and they'll work for you as they did for many others I’ve known for long. I therefore recommend them to you my humble friends.' Said Affluence.
The four fellows; Folly, Extravagance, Lazy and Poverty thanked Affluence and his grey-headed friends before leaving the Hills for their village. They were overwhelmed by the lesson they have learnt from the answers giving by the grey heads in Silicon Hills. They went ahead to apply the rules and started attracting fortunes of wealth in due times. Nothing is preventing me from applying these laws.

MORAL LESSON
Poverty; the state of lack, is not a dishonor in itself, unless it’s borne out of sheer laziness, extravaganza and foolishness.
@dzidefodepoet

Please leave a comment below. 
Thank You for Sharing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...