Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Letter From Capt. Mahama, a Martyr



I pledged my life for my country,
And I fought to protect my people
Yes I did with nothing but selflessness
Even when I lost the trust of my very own people
I could have defended myself in more ways than one,
And I could have made the story a different one,
But I did not, I dogged not my arm to fire anyone
Even though I was mistaken for a robber by everyone
So when you make it home my fellow soldiers,
Tell everyone the dreadful truth, let them know
'I was executed by the very people I pledge to defend
I was lynched amidst my cry and plea of innocence'
Take this message to my father to tell my mother,
Take it to my wife to tell my children
Take it to my friends, my sisters and to my brothers
Tell them I am sorry I couldn't return as I promised
Tell them I gave up without a fight not because I am weak
Tell them I did because I am strong and true to my promise to my country
My promise to remain a patriot; a defender of my people
Tell them I did nothing wrong; nothing wrong to warrant this fate
And tell them not to cry because I served my country well
Tell them I hope and pray justice will be served
©05/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...