Sunday, December 24, 2017

Mysterious Death

Death, oh mighty death!
How mysterious your reign on earth,
That nothing living today can miss,
No wonder, you have earned your name
How cruel of you?
How unmerciful of you!
And how aggressive of you!
You alone takes what belongs not to you,
But yet, goes scot-free
You alone honors invitation not extended to you
You break the heart of people
Yet still, you answers to no man
You have no respect for age nor class
And the victims you prey on seem defenseless
Against your painful sting
You are deaf to the plea of the innocent
Reaping where you never sowed
You are like the thief that comes in the night
To steal what's dear to the heart of its owners
You destroy families and species
And you are the prime threat to our survival

Please there is only one thing you must know,
You can't continue like this forever
There is a Force that transcends your abilities
Your time of reign shall soon come to pass
And you shall be dead, like really dead
You shall be dead never to die again
And the human family will live never die again

© 2017 Simon K. Amu
@dzidefodepoet

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I?

How can I?  How can I not be my self?  In a world where I cannot be anyone else?  How can I not do my best?  In a world where I cannot d...